2017 was a challenging year for many of us, but it brought many of us together as well. Here's a poem that I penned to welcome 2018, which I am most certain will bring us more meaning, joy, and love.
I share my own framework for embarking on inner questings that does not require leaving everything behind to start anew: basically for anyone that’s interested in leading a life closer to or is their true calling.
In this post, I want to first share with you my own take on a little known 75% Rule, and then some insights I’ve come to gain on the remaining and nagging 25%.
When I first began blogging on change and transformation, I didn’t know I’d eventually be writing and processing the issue of Faith. Growing up, my connection to God was disjointed and confusing: I was brought up in a home where both Roman Catholicism and Taoism was practiced. By the time I approached adulthood, I... Continue Reading →
We live much of our lives not realizing that our inner self has healing work that needs our attention. In my last post, I listed ways to accessing healing. In this post, I want to get a bit deeper into what I think a process of healing looks like, illustrated in more or less chronological... Continue Reading →
Over the last two weeks, I've been thinking a lot about healing. This, following reading news of Linkin Park's Chester Bennington's suicide on Chris Cornell's birthday. Specifically, I've been contemplative about the difference between those of us who overcome depression and those who do not, and if the key is our ability to access healing.... Continue Reading →
In 2012, I stayed in Antigua Guatemala for 4 weeks to get over a heartbreak. In 2016, I penned this poem to express my gratitude to all that Antigua has given me, has meant to me.
Here’s a poem from me to those out there stuck in the past... I hope you enjoy this. More importantly, I hope you reach out... to us... to anyone.
Most people who know me, know I spend a bit of time on the road. I've worked and traveled around the world, often to places that most people never heard of or never thought to visit. I can identify precisely when I caught the travel bug: I was 20 and, while getting my bachelors degree at... Continue Reading →
In this next series of posts, I’m switching gears and instead explore this same theme but from a different angle: what if. This “what if” intention is so crucial because it is from the place of “what if”, where we imagine a more joyous and beautiful life that’s worth our living.
They were outside on a hot August day, the sky above a cloudless blue. The 30 year old international aid worker and her two colleagues from the US had been invited by a local NGO to attend a soccer match between two junior league teams in Katatura township of Windhoek, Namibia. The three Americans were... Continue Reading →
This past New Years holiday, I spent the better part of the three-day weekend reconnecting with a dear friend from El Salvador, a place where I once called home. I had offered to help with his personal essay for an application and wound up quite involved in the whole writing and editing process. Sometimes to "reconnect"... Continue Reading →